how we started
After trainning in Tanashi, Nishi-Tokyo, our founder Matsukawa Tomisaku opened Matsuya in Nokata, Nakano in 1937. With steps of war approching, he had to create sweets with the minimal ingredients available at the time.
Later, we relocated the store to Toritsu-Kasei and became widely appreciated by the community.
Almost approaching 80 years, we continue to create sweets inspired by each season, bringing out the best in the ingredients we use.